Pages

Tuesday 24 February 2015

The Fitness Diaries: WEEK 1

Hi everyone,
I don't know about you lot, but I have been seriously lacking in the fitness front lately. I don't know what it is, I just haven't had the energy or the determination to keep fit. It isn't just the gym, but my diet too. I either eat nothing or I eat crap. And I've decided it's time for a change, for good. I can't go on gaining weight and dropping it, eating and not eating.
Therefore, I've decided to start a new series called The Fitness Diaries. I'm unsure whether it'll be weekly or fortnightly but I thought if I have the blog to consider, then I'm more likely to stick to my goals. Every blogpost will have a theme and this week it's Getting Back into the Swing of Things. Original, I know, but sometimes you just need to take a deep breath and start again from square 1. No gimmicks, no 30 day challenges, no fad diets, just gradually building up the change.
So, my goal for this week is to find my pedometer first of all, and then walk 10000 steps a day and go to the gym twice this week. This won't seem like a lot to most of you, and it doesn't even seem like a lot to me, but I'm starting small and building it up. I know if I go back to the gym 5 times a week guns ablazing I'm going to burn out pretty fast.
I also know that it's not a realistic goal to have a set amount of times to go to the gym. I'm going to be pretty busy with university deadlines over the next month so they come first over the gym, but getting the parking space furthest away and walking won't hurt, neither will going for a 30 minute walk when I get home. After all, life is a marathon, not a sprint.
I'll keep you posted,
CJ x


No comments:

Post a Comment